Thunderbird and nntp.dragonflybsd.org

Claes Wallin clawa570+dragonfly at student.liu.se
Fri Feb 13 04:32:31 PST 2004

Mike Ditty wrote:
From: kernel-errors at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:kernel-errors at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Claes Wallin

Anyone else using Mozilla Thunderbird to access the DragonFly newsgroups?

Whenever Thunderbird checks for new messages on nntp.dragonflybsd.org,
the corresponding folders show large numbers of unread messages
>> [ - - - ]
I check the newsgroups with Thunderbird 0.5, and used to use 0.3.
Everything works normal for me and shows the proper number of messages
unread.
I do not have offline use turned on and it is set to keep all messages (just
a few config options that might be different for you).
Ok, thanks. Your suggestion mad me think, and I tried removing the
offending groups and re-adding them without the option "only download
500 headers, mark rest as read". Seems to have worked.

   /Clacke