ad0: READ command timeout

Jonathon McKitrick jcm at FreeBSD-uk.eu.org
Thu Feb 26 07:44:51 PST 2004

On Thu, Feb 26, 2004 at 10:04:32AM -0500, Justin C. Sherrill wrote:
: Jonathon McKitrick wrote:
:
: > If so, what is the best route to follow?  All I can say is, during heavy
: > disk activity, I get the timeout warnings and 'reset clicks' on my drive.
:
: (not that I'd have any better answers, but...)  What's the ide controller on
: the motherboard?  You could do a 'make buildworld' under FreeBSD to
: stress-test and see if that makes the problem manifest.

I just reinstalled 4.8 on my laptop, and it is buzzing away like a dream.  I
got a new hard drive off ebay because I thought mine was failing, but
apparently it is not.  Now I have a new drive for DFly testing.  :-)

So, this was definitely a software problem.  What can I do to help track it
down?

jm
--
My other computer is your Windows box.