survey: who works full time on DFly and who has 'day jobs' ?

Hiten Pandya hmp at backplane.com
Sat Feb 21 10:27:46 PST 2004

jcm wrote:
I am blown away by the work being done on this OS, and I was wondering
who is working on it full-time, who is part-time, and who just has no
need for sleep like the rest of us.  :-)
	Almost full time.  I do DragonFly work almost 5 hours a day
	or so roughly.  Quite a lot of the work is still in the local
	repository because of unstability and just the factor of
	"no pressing need for it right now". :-)
	Sometimes, I even stay up all night if it is a matter of
	urgency or time zones, for example the Beaver Challenge
	requires tuning and testing which Rob and I are doing.
	Since Rob is in the US, I normally stay up till 4.00am in the
	morning so I can get in touch with him through IRC and we
	discuss about the challenge and various other problems, or I
	talk with Matt, and ramble on about various things DFly related.
	I have my school homework to do, which is not so bad (!) and
	get that done at school instead of home, so I can hack on
	various DFly/FreeBSD things in the free time.  (Before you ask
	yes, I do have a social life, on weekends!) :-)
	Hope that helps your survey.

	Thanks,

		-- Hiten Pandya (hmp at xxxxxxxxxxxxx)