state of nullfs?

Joerg Sonnenberger joerg at britannica.bec.de
Fri Feb 20 13:45:06 PST 2004

On Fri, Feb 20, 2004 at 04:01:14PM -0500, Andrew Atrens wrote:
> Hi Folks,

[snip]
> Anyway I'm rambling, back to nullfs. The main reason I'm asking about the state of
> nullfs is the warning at the bottom of the mount_null man page -

[snip]

> So, does anyone know if it's still in a useable state ?

The problem of nullfs and the other layered filesystem is the vnode locking.
Especially to avoid dead locks is not really easy in that area.
Some of them might be solved already, others persists. But as long as you have
a real filesystem in the backend not visible otherwise, you should be fine.

Joerg