ACPI was the culprit

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Wed Feb 18 14:12:45 PST 2004

:I built the GENERIC kernel and that doesn't boot.
:
:I can't get FreeBSD 4.9 to run either but I did manage to get 5.2.1 RC2
:to boot in "Safe Mode" as well as the "disable ACPI" mode.
:
:That's why I started looking down this path.
:
:Dave

    Well, if 4.9 didn't work and DFly doesn't work but FreeBSD-5 works,
    it's going to be hard to debug.  It's likely an interrupt routing
    issue but the only way to figure out where it is crashing (if you
    can't pop into DDB) is to add lots of printf()'s to the code and
    track down where it's dying.

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>