ed1 mistakenly known as wi0 (Was: Re: Heads up: NEWCARD is coming)

Tomaz Borstnar tomaz.borstnar at over.net
Fri Feb 13 13:26:49 PST 2004

Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
ep0: Unit failed to come ready or product ID unknown! (id 0x0)
ex0 at port 0x300-0x31f irq 10 function 0 config 32 on pccard0
panic: ifmedia_set
Debugger("panic")
Stopped at Debugger+0x34: movb $0,in_Debugger.342
db>

An updated version of the patch I sent you yesterday in private is
at ftp://82.144.62.50/if_ed.diff
Please apply the patch, remove all unneeded device (esp. nics) from
GENERIC, comment out the ata-card.c in conf/files and try again.
Other option would be to stick to pcic instead of cbb/cardbus for the
moment. I'd like to here feedback for the patch anyways.
It works!!!!

My ed1 is finally back! :))))

I used sources as of today, rebuilt everything (with gcc3) and finally
kernel (GENERIC) built without errors (used to be errors with missing }
before that step!).
I plugged in my ed1 16bit ethernet card and it worked!

Now back to testing 32bit cards!

Thanks!

Tomaz