Got the crash dump... now what?

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Fri Dec 17 12:55:35 PST 2004

:Hey guys,
:
:I finally got that panic I've been seeing.  Here's the backtrace.
:
:Looks like a null pointer in netinet/ip_input, line 750.
:
:I should also mention this is my laptop running apm but NOT ACPI.
:This has happened with both my Linksys card and my Netgear.

    Hmm.   This can only happen if a network interface is receiving
    IP packets before it has been configured, or possibly while it is
    being configured by e.g. dhclient.

    Was the machine doing anything specific when the panic occured?  e.g.
    like configuring its network interface(s) or something?