rwho -A option

Liam J. Foy liamfoy at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 13:52:17 PST 2004

On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 13:30:19 -0800 (PST), Matthew Dillon
<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> :I have wrote a small option (-A) for rwho which will show users that
>

> :have been active within within X amount of minutes. I seen that -a
> :will show users no matter what so I thought this could be a nice
> :little idea. Grepping in this case will not always work (incase thats
> :what you grep'eds write back :-)).
> :
> :Anyway, you guys decide...
> :
> :--
> :Liam J. Foy
> :http://www.dragonflybsd.org
> :I mourn for those who never knew you...
>
>     Sure, but don't use -A.  'a' kinda stands for 'all'.  The definition
>     of -a is to show all users while by default rwho is only supposed to
>     show users active for the last hour.

Yeah I agree, maybe -A is wrong.

>     Maybe make it '-t <minutes>' to specify the time limit.
>
>                                         -Matt
>                                         Matthew Dillon
>                                         <dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Ok, great. I will show you guys the patch soon. I just want to clean a
few things up. Originally, I wrote this for a friend of mine who was
moaning over being an admin in general. It kinda cheered him up. :)

Cheers,