libdisk

Robert Garrett rg70 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Dec 13 11:31:31 PST 2004

David Rhodus wrote:
On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 00:56:37 -0600, Robert Garrett <rg70 at xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The recent removal of sysinstall, reminded me of a discussion that
basically stated the only consumer of libdisk was sysinstall.
I am doing a makworld now with libdisk disabled, and if everything is
clean will remove it, provided there are no objections.
Robert Garrett

I think there are a few ports that make use of libdisk.  Every now and
then I even write a program that uses it too.  Is there a compelling
reason to remove it ?
is there a compelling reason to keep it in the base system? should be
the question. the reason it was put in there was ripped out.

Rob