scheduler rewrite

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Thu Dec 2 11:51:12 PST 2004

:I recall that Matt said a scheduler rewrite was needed for DragonFly.  I
:was just curious what the time frame on that is.  The scheduler
:performance is a weak spot for DragonFly at the moment although I do not
:know if it is any better in FBSD-5.
:
:Thanks.
:
:--
:Glenn Johnson <glennpj at xxxxxxxxxxx>

    The scheduler should be in fairly good shape now, though there are
    still a few weak spots here and there.

    There are actually two schedulers.. there's the LWKT scheduler,
    which is as close to perfect as its possible to be, and there is
    the userland scheduler, which is the one that needs work.

    I would like to write a second userland scheduler that uses a
    more fair-share methodology with an interactivity hint.

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>