Description of the Journaling topology

David Cuthbert dacut at kanga.org
Fri Dec 31 10:31:11 PST 2004

Matthew Dillon wrote:
    Well, in this scenario A and B would not be doing the journaling, the NFS
    server would be doing the journaling.   The act of journaling is not
    something you run independantly on N machines all sharing the same
    NFS based filesystem.  That would never work.
Ah, ok.  I thought that's what you were proposing -- journal on A and B.
 I re-read your message, and you're proposing the journal itself to fly
over the TCP connection, not journaling locally for filesystems
connected over TCP.

This freaking cold I have makes reading and thinking difficult. :-)

Dave