Heads up: GCC 3.4.3 in base

Joerg Sonnenberger joerg at britannica.bec.de
Mon Dec 20 11:27:17 PST 2004

Hi all,
I've just updated our alternative base compiler to GCC 3.4.3. At the same
time I've also added the MMX/XMM/... headers, which is useful for e.g.
multimedia/ffmpeg. This go into a compiler specific directory, not
/usr/include. The default debugging format is back to DWARF, you have to
use GDB 6.2 to read it.

I plan to add the visibility patch tomorrow, which allows me to start
selectivly hidding libc symbols. Another planed updated is the hooking up
of binutils 2.15 with the help of Jeroen. A busy week before Christmas is
waiting :)

Joerg