New GoBSD package set

Glenn Johnson glennpj at charter.net
Fri Dec 31 11:51:29 PST 2004

David Rhodus wrote:

I've updated the packages at the gobsd.com site.

To update your current set of packages I would first recommend
removing the current set of installed packages via 'pkg_delete -a`
command.
For a nice desktop setup I've been running something along the lines
of these commands.
pkg_add -r XFree86
pkg_add -r kde
pkg_add -r gnome2
pkg_add -r mozilla
pkg_add -r firefox
pkg_add -r thunderbird
--

If you don't have the time or the bandwidth to download the packages
that you would like to have you can pick up a full featured CDROM set

I took a look at your site and see some packages for programs that do
not currently build with the current ports/dfports system, eg.
libgtop2.   Were these packages built with a DragonFly system?  If so,
will you be sharing your patches?

--
Glenn Johnson