/boot/loader question

Yury Tarasievich grog at grsu.by
Tue Dec 7 04:30:16 PST 2004

walt wrote:
Simon 'corecode' Schubert wrote:

i had a look at loader, and it seemed to me that there is logic for
extended slices...

There must be -- when I do lsdev from the loader prompt I see an ext2
partition on extended slice 7, but not the one right next to it on 6,
and not the DFly slice on 8, which is strange.
"Logical drives" (to distinguish from extended partition which contains
them) usually have their "0 sector" filled with nulls (excepting the
partition pseudo-table). Is "0 sector" where the magic is expected to
reside?