Wireless AP troubles

Erik P. Skaalerud erik at pentadon.com
Tue Aug 31 15:32:36 PDT 2004

Walter Venable wrote:

I'm trying to set up a Wireless AP with DragonFly 1.1-CURRENT (cvsup'd
8/24).

The problem I am having is very strange: the machine contains 3
network interfaces, 1 is hard wired and goes to the outside world, and
is called dc0.  Another is a wired card that is hard wired and
connects to the local network and is called dc1, which has an IP of
10.0.0.1 netmask 255.255.255.0.  The last network interface is the
wireless card, which is picked up by the wi driver, so it is wi0.  It
has the network IP of 10.0.0.3 netmask 255.255.255.255.  Here is the
output of ifconfig:

I wanted to also mention that dmesg is spitting out this error over and
over:

arp: 10.0.0.48 is on dc1 but got reply from 00:02:2d:57:a3:4a on wi0

To me it really looks like the error is in the bridging but I don't know
what to do to fix it.
You're not supposed to have a IP on both the wired and the wireless
interface if you are going to have both the interfaces on the same
network. Remove the IP from the wireless device, and make sure briding
is working properly.

- Erik