termcap, TERM, vi and cygwin

esmith esmith at patmedia.net
Mon Aug 23 09:27:14 PDT 2004

Matthew Dillon wrote:
    I have no problem adding entries to /etc/termcap if they are
    reasonably standard (not just individually customized entries but
    things that correspond to a particular terminal emulator like xterm).
I hadn't even thought of individually customized entries... I assumed that all
submissions to a centralized db would be standard but, obviously some people would
not understand that and make a mistake. Actually, I realize now DF already has a
termcap submission process in place called "the submit list".