Using df 1.0A pkgs on FBSD 4.10

Rui muppeto at clix.pt
Tue Aug 3 01:30:02 PDT 2004

Matthew Dillon wrote:
:Is it possible to use the gobsd.com packages for dfbsd on a FreeBSD 4.10
:without expecting major problems?
:
:I've downloaded lots of this packages for my laptop (dfbsd 1.0A) and
:I have a desktop running fbsd 4.10, using this packages will save me a
:lot of time.
:
:thanks!

    It will probably work at the moment but it is not a good idea in general.
    You should pick one system or the other.
					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
I'm doing this _JUST_ for this pair of OSes because of the allready
stated reasons. I know it's not good practice.

So, using pkgs of dfbsd **1.0A** on FBSD **4.10** will work fine. True?

THANKS!