Wireless AP troubles

Walter Venable weaseal at planethalflife.com
Tue Aug 31 18:54:24 PDT 2004

Matthew Dillon wrote:

    If you are trying to bridge two interfaces on the same logical network,
    you generally only want to have one IP address within that logical
    network space.  So I would recommend that you NOT assign an IP
    address to one of the interfaces.  Since wireless interfaces are
    fairly sensitive to IP address assignments, I would try not assigning
    an IP address to your DC1 interface.
					-Matt
Thanks for the input.  I tried your suggestion of assigning only an IP
to the wireless card and not one to DC1.  Now the wireless works fine,
however the wired does not (this is essentially the same problem as
before, just that the problems exist for the wired clients and not the
wireless ones)!  Wired clients get no DHCP-assigned IP (and manually
assigning one does not help), no ability to ping other clients, no
ability to ping the server (exception: when 2 clients have manually
assigned IPs, they can ping each other, as usual).

This must be a problem in bridging, it is the only thing I can see that
would cause this, however my expertise is not of a level adequate to
decide if this is a PEBCAK error on my part, or something internal to
DFly.  I posted my sysctl variables regarding bridging earlier in this
thread.

Is there any information from my machine that I could provide to help
track down a solution?

-Walter Venable