vfs patch 03 (preliminary)

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Thu Aug 26 09:28:21 PDT 2004

:Matthew Dillon wrote:
:>    I fully expect there to be some problems.  DO NOT apply this patch unless
:>    you can handle the machine crashing and getting backtraces and dumps.
:
:I can handle that, but is there any major risk of data corruption (as
:you warned about an earlier patch)?
:
:Rahul

    I would say that the risk of actual corruption is fairly low.  More
    likely is that it would hit a panic, resulting in the normal data
    loss one has with softupdates-delayed writes, though it should be
    noted that you can 'cont' from a panic and it should flush the buffers
    and generate kernel dump.

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>