termcap, TERM, vi and cygwin

Garance A Drosihn drosih at rpi.edu
Sun Aug 22 16:40:38 PDT 2004

At 10:22 PM +0200 8/22/04, Simon 'corecode' Schubert wrote:
On 22.08.2004, at 19:21, esmith wrote:

DF's termcap needs to be changed. But racing all possible terminal
(emulators) to grab their changes is a definite no-go. There is such
a nifty feature like setting TERMCAP environment so that the termcap
entry corresponding to TERM is overridden. Sad thing tho that ssh
doesn't pass along TERMCAP, but only TERM.
I believe that the latest release of openssh provides a way that
you can specify other environment variables whose values will be
passed across an ssh connection.  I think you have to configure
both ends of the connection to allow each specific environment
variable.  But I have not installed the new version yet, so I have
not had a chance to see how the new feature works.
--
Garance Alistair Drosehn            =   gad at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Senior Systems Programmer           or  gad at xxxxxxxxxxx