atheros status ?

Martin P. Hellwig mhellwig at xs4all.nl
Sun Aug 22 03:28:00 PDT 2004

Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:

On Fri, Aug 20, 2004 at 04:01:51PM -0400, Andrew Atrens wrote:

Hi Folks,

Just curious about the status of the atheros driver. There's
an embedded side-project I'm working on that requires it and my
two current choices seem to be FreeBSD 5.x or NetBSD 2.x ...

I have a test version lying around which gives a reproducable segfault
in the HAL. Not really useful and Sam Leffler wasn't helpful too.
ATM you are better to use NDIS under DragonFly.
Only to bad that NDIS doesnt work with my chipset, however, my chipset
seemed reasonable stable with the (pré-merge from Sam about 1,5 month
ago) driver in FreeBSD current, I'm curious when the segfault occurs and
if all chipset suffer under it?

--
mph