Building ports for DragonFlyBSD

Oliver Eikemeier eikemeier at fillmore-labs.com
Mon Aug 9 16:37:30 PDT 2004

Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:

On Mon, Aug 09, 2004 at 12:09:54PM +0200, Oliver Eikemeier wrote:
Is there any variable that tells a port it is build for DragonFly?
Simply testing whether DFPORTSDIR is defined seems a little fragile,
and
OSVERSION is fixed to 480102. Maybe setting DFVERSION to
__DragonFly_version in src/share/mk/bsd.port.mk is a good idea?
A DragonFly (override) port should use bsd.dfport.mk. If you want to
support DragonFly in a normal FreeBSD port, no additional magic beside
e.g. CPP (__DragonFly__) should be needed.
Let's take security/portaudit as an example. Matthew imported the new
pkg_install version July 30th 2004, so I do not need to depend on the
port. I'm supposed to conditionalize that on __DragonFly_version, but
this information is not available in the ports Makefile.

-Oliver