My syncing disks problem

Jean-Marc Zucconi jmz at dalai-zebu.org
Mon Aug 9 11:25:45 PDT 2004

 >     Hmm.   Yes, but I'd like you to try something... try turning off
 >     softupdates and if the problem still occurs I'd like a new crash dump
 >     and kernel.debug.

I turned softupdates off and the problem disapeared. I rebooted 4 or 5
times to be sure. The problem was easy to reproduce, I just had to
type 'for i in /bin/* /sbin/* ; do cat $i >/dev/null; done; reboot'
This is with the original (non-patched) kernel.

Jean-Marc

--
Jean-Marc Zucconi -- PGP Key: finger jmz at xxxxxxxxxxx [KeyID: 400B38E9]