proc size mismatch

George Georgalis george at galis.org
Fri Aug 6 14:57:05 PDT 2004

On Fri, Aug 06, 2004 at 12:51:11PM -0700, Matthew Dillon wrote:

>:# ps ax
>:ps: proc size mismatch (65932 total, 1248 chunks)
>:
>:
>:what could be causing that?? if memory serves, on this box I had a few
>:problems with cvsup, then did a successful build/installworld per the cd
>:README. have also rebooted, this is a via c3 cpu (PII/MMX compatible).
>:
>:// George
>:
>:--
>:George Georgalis, Architect and administrator, Linux services. IXOYE
>
>    This occurs when your kernel and your world are out of synch with each
>    other.  If data structures change within the kernel the 'ps' program
>    (using the old structures) gets confused.

Thanks. I'll try it out... if makeworld requires a new kernel, shouldn't
makeworld also make a kernel? (we can be bold, no? -- I appreciate this
can be delicate) I don't suppose there is a makeworld requirement after
a kernel replacement?

// George

--
George Georgalis, Architect and administrator, Linux services. IXOYE
http://galis.org/george/  cell:646-331-2027  mailto:george at xxxxxxxxx