Using df 1.0A pkgs on FBSD 4.10

Rui muppeto at clix.pt
Tue Aug 3 03:30:45 PDT 2004

Simon 'corecode' Schubert wrote:
On 03.08.2004, at 10:30, Rui wrote:

:Is it possible to use the gobsd.com packages for dfbsd on a FreeBSD
4.10 :without expecting major problems?
:
:I've downloaded lots of this packages for my laptop (dfbsd 1.0A) and
:I have a desktop running fbsd 4.10, using this packages will save me
a :lot of time.
:
:thanks!
    It will probably work at the moment but it is not a good idea in
general.
    You should pick one system or the other.
<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
I'm doing this _JUST_ for this pair of OSes because of the allready
stated reasons. I know it's not good practice.

So, using pkgs of dfbsd **1.0A** on FBSD **4.10** will work fine. True?

no. some might, some definitively won't.

cheers
  simon
OK. I'll download fbsd pkgs for my fbsd 4.10

Thanks a lot!