mbuf leak

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Fri Apr 16 15:12:25 PDT 2004

:This sounds like a good plan.  Do you have any resources you can
:recommend on attaching a debugger to places in code that might be
:causing the memory leak?
:
:I was referred to the FBSD handbook by someone on EFNet, but I don't see
:any section describing attaching a debugger to the kernel.
:
:Help on this particular matter would be great :-)
:
:-Mike

    I think I've found the bug.

    Generally speaking, finding this sort of bug (one which does not cause
    an immediate crash) is a very difficult job for someone coming into
    it cold.  Bugs which cause immediate crashes are usually a lot easier
    to find.

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>