Chicken/egg build problem?

Jonathon McKitrick jcm at FreeBSD-uk.eu.org
Sat Apr 24 10:50:09 PDT 2004

On Fri, Apr 23, 2004 at 03:56:54PM -0400, Justin C. Sherrill wrote:
: Jonathon McKitrick wrote:
:
: > I was right in the middle of chmod'ing /var/tmp, when I got an ata/atapi
: > timeout, and the system became unresponsive.  I could type at the
: > terminal, but nothing happened.
:
: I'm applying occam's razor: make sure your ide cables are tightly connected.
: Last time I saw this behavior, the cable running to the main drive had been
: just barely tilted out of the socket.

It's a laptop.  I swap drives, one with dfly, one with fbsd.

jm
--
My other computer is your Windows box.