project evil and dfly

Hiten Pandya hmp at backplane.com
Fri Apr 23 07:33:17 PDT 2004

David Rhodus wrote:

On Apr 22, 2004, at 11:29 PM, Andrew Atrens wrote:

Hi All,

Just curious if anyone has considered/looked at bringing in Bill
Paul's new ndis wrapper code .

Andrew.

I know Hiten was looking at it though I think he
has gotten distracted by some more interesting
development projects. I'm not sure where he left
at project at. The initial import that Bill did was mostly
of new files. Which makes me think a port wouldn't
take very long(though having not looked at any of
the actual code yet). There has been a considerable
amount of work done since his initial import, as
we thought there would be and why we initially
held off.
	Last time I worked on it, I had quite a lot of it compiling
	but I could not keep up with the amount of changes that were
	happening with the NDIS driver on FreeBSD CVS.
	Bill has made the driver far more compliant and it has gotten
	a lot more simpler.  I can pass over bits of my work to an
	interested party.
	Mostly, the things to look out for are *locking semantics*.
	One *must* honour them very carefully.  I was using LWKT
	and Tokens, while some require a pure ref-counting system.
	But before all of this can be put in place, I and Joerg still
	need to tap the net80211 layer code and make the necessary
	changes.
	Regards,

		-Hiten
		Hiten Pandya