project evil and dfly

Joerg Sonnenberger joerg at britannica.bec.de
Fri Apr 23 00:17:00 PDT 2004

On Thu, Apr 22, 2004 at 11:44:30PM -0400, David Rhodus wrote:

> On Apr 22, 2004, at 11:29 PM, Andrew Atrens wrote:
>

> >Hi All,
> >
> >Just curious if anyone has considered/looked at bringing in Bill
> >Paul's new ndis wrapper code .
> >
> >Andrew.
> >

> I know Hiten was looking at it though I think he
> has gotten distracted by some more interesting
> development projects. I'm not sure where he left

The problem lies in the combination of pretty low-level stuff in PE
and the general structure of the whole net80211 layer. I want to import
the later, which is a pre-requirement for most of the newer wifi drivers,
but I don't like the "locking" and use of atomic instructions in the code.
This is a lot of work to get it into a proper shape.

> at project at. The initial import that Bill did was mostly
> of new files. Which makes me think a port wouldn't
> take very long(though having not looked at any of
> the actual code yet). There has been a considerable

If you have the net80211 layer, that is.

> amount of work done since his initial import, as
> we thought there would be and why we initially
> held off.

Sure and still some problems to solve :)