checkpoint/restart

Dave Leimbach leimySPAM2k at mac.com
Wed Apr 21 06:45:53 PDT 2004

I'm actually doing some checkpoint restart research in my day job and
a coworker pointed me to some linux kernel module stuff that he was
planning to use.

I think we could potentially use the BSD stuff in our research as well
[This particular stuff is supposed to use the LAM MPI implementation so I
don't know how much DragonFly stuff I can use yet].

Problem is I loaded the checkpoint module and I tried using ctrl-e and
ctrl-E to checkpoint a process but I never get any kind of checkpoint file
written out anywhere.

Does this stuff work in more recent DragonFly kernels or am I missing something?

Dave