vmmeter.h and problems with multiple ports

walt wa1ter at myrealbox.com
Sun Apr 18 16:16:22 PDT 2004

I have just enough debugging skills to tell that changes in
vmmeter.h and friends have made it impossible to compile a
number of ports.
Anything like xosview, libgtop2, ktimemon, net-snmp, kdeaddons,
gnome-system-monitor, etc. which try to get at kernel data-
structures like vmstats will bomb out.
I can fix a few simple and obvious errors and get such programs
to compile partly, but it's just a bit beyond my reach to fix
the whole thing.
I'm just curious about the changes in vmmeter.h.  Are these
changes really necessary?  Would it prevent dfBSD from progressing
if these data structures were put back the way they were, at
least for the near future until there are more ports maintainers
to fix the problems with the popular ports?
Thanks, and keep up the good work.