cache_lookup() work this week.

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Mon Sep 8 21:28:02 PDT 2003

On Mon, 08 Sep 2003 08:53:30 -0500, Ryan Dooley wrote:

> On Mon, 08 Sep 2003 08:49:39 -0500, Ryan Dooley wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 05 Sep 2003 14:29:37 -0700, Matthew Dillon wrote:
>>
>>>     No, nowhere near.  I'd rather adopt a filesystem like XFS then waste
>>>     time on a background fsck.  Way in the future.
>>>
>>> 					-Matt
>>> 					Matthew Dillon
>>> 					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>
>> Hrm... Including a GPL'd file system or have the SGI folks agreed to BSD
>> license it?
>>
>> Ryan
>
> You know... we could just come up with one just for DragonFly.  Follow the
> model of Dimonic Giampaolo's "Practical File System Design".

Funny, I just found out about OpenBFS in the freebsd-hacker mailing
list recently, so I went to OpenBFS website[1] and found out that it
follows from the same book as above. OpenBFS is under MIT license[2].

BTW: It's written in C++...

[1] http://open-beos.sourceforge.net/tms/team.php?id=2
[2] http://www.bug-br.org.br/openbfs/index.phtml?section=license

Cheers,