stackgap removal in linux_socket.c

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Sun Sep 28 02:05:50 PDT 2003

:Crud...  I just figured out my answer to my question.  You can't copyin from
:kernel space.  Thank god I can remove the stackgap code with the new split
:syscalls.
:
:--
:   David P. Reese, Jr.                                     daver at xxxxxxxxxxxx
:                                               http://www.gomerbud.com/daver/

    Heh.  I guess I wasn't clear enough in prior discussions.  One of big
    benefits of splitting the syscalls is that, yes, the emulation code can
    call the kernel version after doing its own copyins and conversions, and
    all the stackgap garbage can be scrapped.

    Makes it a bit more fun, eh?

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>