geom, devfs

Pawel Jakub Dawidek nick at garage.freebsd.pl
Sun Sep 14 16:13:01 PDT 2003

On Sun, Sep 14, 2003 at 07:10:24PM -0400, David Rhodus wrote:
+> >+> > do you/we plan to port geom[1] (or a similar) framework to
+> >DragonFly?
+> >+> > i came across this, when i thought about geom-gate, which looks
+> >very
+> >+> > interesting.
+> >+> Geom-gate does look like a nice start. Though its not really ready
+> >+> to be used for anything major, as it maps the device and can't
+> >handle
+> >+> any errors the device may have.
+> >
+> >You're wrong, now it handles errors in quite neat way:)
+>
+> So you have updated that since we last talked ?

Yes. I've also updated on my page, but some hot changes are still in
my local CVS only. But errors handling is in .tbz on web page I think.

--
Pawel Jakub Dawidek                       pawel at xxxxxxxxxxx
UNIX Systems Programmer/Administrator     http://garage.freebsd.pl