sysinstall v2

Santos casd at netvisao.pt
Thu Sep 4 21:13:49 PDT 2003

Matthew Dillon wrote:

:It looks like where we are at is...
:
:1. RCNG scripts need to be taught how to tell rc.conf how
:   to execute them.
    I think the RCNG scripts can almost be used as-is, at least during
    initial development.  We might want to beef up their capabilities a bit,
    for example in regards to reinitializing a network interface... things
    like that.

:This allows work to begin on the actual user interface design.
:
:5. Break up make release so we have a bootable live intstallation image.
:
:Is this a correct understanding of the discussion so far?
:
:Robert Garrett
    Heh.  More like rewrite it, almost.  A new make release (maybe
    'make release2' for development purposes) is the first step.  It
    need only boot into a login: prompt intitially.

    So what additional packages do we need on the live CD?

	cpdup (I will make this part of the base system)
	Apache
	php4-cgi
	Python
	links (or equiv)