sysinstall v2

Steve Mynott steve at tightrope.demon.co.uk
Thu Sep 4 03:12:46 PDT 2003

Richard Coleman wrote:

If apache was to be replaced, I would suggest finding a very basic, pure
Python web server.  Something that is very easy to understand and
modify.  I'm sure many people here could write one if necessary.
Although a production web server is a big project, a simple web server
is actually pretty easy.  It probably wouldn't take more than 300 lines
of Python (probably much less).
Very much less since there are web server modules included with the base
Python install.

There is even one that handles CGI requests

<http://www.python.org/doc/current/lib/module-CGIHTTPServer.html>

-- Steve