sysinstall v2

David Rhodus drhodus at catpa.com
Wed Sep 3 22:20:27 PDT 2003

On Wednesday, September 3, 2003, at 09:29 PM, Garance A Drosihn wrote:

At 7:17 PM -0400 9/3/03, David Rhodus wrote:
On Wed, September 3, 2003, Matthew Dillon wrote:
	rsync, definitely.  cfengine, probably not.  ppp is
     already part of the base system.
	Another thing comes to mind in regards the installation
     options...  simply having DHCP+sshd running can be very
     useful.

Why not forget DHCP as it needs to die anyways and look at
Rendevous/zeroconf functionality added not just to the
installer but all together....
Whatever the future of zeroconf, DHCP is already a very widely-
used standard.  I think it is way too soon to limit dragonflyBSD
to networks which have zeroconf.  Just MO.
Agreed, though I think zeroconf really needs to be an option
right next to the DHCP button on these screens. I know of a
large number of operations have switched or are in the process
of switching over to a zeroconf setup. I'd really have to be left
behind before anything even makes it to release..... :-)
-DR