sysinstall v2

David Rhodus drhodus at catpa.com
Wed Sep 3 16:14:23 PDT 2003

On Wednesday, September 3, 2003, at 07:01 PM, Matthew Dillon wrote:

:Perhaps a reason to look at switching to cvsync  ?
:
:-DR
    rsync has an excellent track record and is tiny, with no
dependancies.
    We should definitely include it.
I take it your talking about adding that to the cvs tree ex
src/usr.sbin/rsync ?
    cvsync has problems similar to cvsup, though not quite as bad.  If
we
    installed a static version it would probably be ok.  I don't know
if
    cvsync handles all the cases (like tag updates, repository forks,
and
    local forks) that cvsup handles.  Without knowing how robust it is
    would hesitate to include it
I was mainly talking about cvsync because it can be made to compile
straight
without dependencies. As for the cases it handles is something
different, I
think an actual switch is a slight change in the handling of the source
for the
project. Though perhaps something that should be explored a little more
?
As myself and many, many other would love to have cvsup like
capabilities
by default....

-DR