new sysinstall

Sander Vesik sander at haldjas.folklore.ee
Wed Sep 3 10:47:03 PDT 2003

leafy <leafy at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Sander Vesik <sander at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> Links doesn't handle double-byte character sets.
>>>

>> Does it handle UTF-8? If yes, then there is no problem - we can assume the
>> web interface only uses utf-8 and enforce it. If not then this is a very
>> good argument against links.
>>
> It does, but we don't have, for example, zh_TW.UTF-8 locale available :)
> And I am not sure if the UTF-8 support will work even if we do have the
> corresponding locale.

Well, the lack of zh_TW.UTF-8 is IMHO unfortunate - but really, it is not
needed for this purpose. All that is needed is:
	* links to be able to deal with html that uses utf-8 from the
	  ideographic areas of unicode
	* have the installation program consistenly use utf-8

Display in web browser is normaly not related to locale - i know my
browser displays spam html mails coming from east-asia just fine 8-)

--
	Sander

+++ Out of cheese error +++