new sysinstall

Richard Coleman richardcoleman at mindspring.com
Mon Sep 1 17:09:22 PDT 2003

flybsd.org> <20030901202842.GZ42098 at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai wrote:

> But I am fearing this whole thread is more and more starting to reek
> like religious defending one's favourite language.  Glad I have none.

Not really.  Everyone has been pretty civil.

Besides, since every scripting language has borrowed the features of the
others, most scripting languages can accomplish pretty much the same as
the others (my opinion).  The differences are much smaller than in the
past.  And since most system folks have learned more than one scripting
language at this point, you don't see as much of the ugly language wars
as in the past.

I think any one of the languages discussed is plenty good.

Richard Coleman
richardcoleman at xxxxxxxxxxxxxx