allowing kernel space iov's in kern_{send,recv}msg()

David P. Reese, Jr. daver at gomerbud.com
Mon Sep 29 20:13:24 PDT 2003

In order remove stackgap usage from linux_socket.c, I need a way to make
kern_sendmsg() take a kernel space iov.  I'm thinking of adding another
argument to kern_sendmsg() and kern_recvmsg() that specifies whether
you want userland or kernel space pointers in the uiov.

Other options would be to add an extra field to struct msghdr or to pass
this info in the msg_flags field.

Any ideas?

--
   David P. Reese, Jr.                                     daver at xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                               http://www.gomerbud.com/daver/