Ports & Pkg Mgr

James Frazer jfrazer at ieee.org
Sat Sep 27 19:42:07 PDT 2003

Maybe the kernel mailing list isn't the best place for this post but it
seems to be the most relevant list I could find.

I was wondering if there was any consideration for making use of the
darwin-ports infrastructure as a possible future option?

I've been following the darwin-ports efforts off and on for the last
year or so and although not as mature as the current FreeBSD Ports
system it looks as though it will be more future-proof.

Since it works independent of pkg-management it is foreseeable that it
could work in hand with dfbsd's goals.

What are your feelings on the matter?

-James