Serial console working?

Robert Clark res03db2 at gte.net
Wed Oct 22 20:28:17 PDT 2003

I had a very similar problem that was caused by a broken transmit pin on
a system. Took a close examination using a flashlight to see that it was
broken.

I've also had problems with ports being disabled in the BIOS but still
conflicting with add-in cards. Usually shows up when a modem and a
BIOS-diabled built-in port are on the same settings and the modem does
weird things.

[RC]

Skip Ford wrote:
Skip Ford wrote:

Is everyone using a serial console without problems?

For 3 weeks or so I haven't been able to.

Ok, it has to be a local issue.  It's working for others for one.
Secondly, I went back to sources from a date that I know was
working fine and it still exhibits the same behaviour.
Unfortunately, I don't know what the issue is.  I've used multiple
ports on both machines and multiple cables.  Every combination
fails exactly the same way.  But at least it's not a DragonFly
problem.