Any interest in updating the routing engine?

Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai asmodai at wxs.nl
Mon Oct 20 16:19:00 PDT 2003

-On [20031010 08:12], Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai (asmodai at xxxxxx) wrote:
>I'll put out a list of interesting papers for the ones eager to work on
>this.

What the heck, then I'll just take some less sleep:

Basics:

TCP Vegas: End to End Congestion Avoidance on a Global Internet
http://citeseer.nj.nec.com/brakmo95tcp.html

Evaluation of TCP Vegas: Emulation and Experiment
http://citeseer.nj.nec.com/ahn95evaluation.html

TCP and Successive Fast Retransmits
http://citeseer.nj.nec.com/floyd95tcp.html

Congestion Avoidance and Control
http://citeseer.nj.nec.com/jacobson88congestion.html

Performance Problems in BSD4.4 TCP
http://citeseer.nj.nec.com/brakmo95performance.html

Comparison of Tahoe, Reno, and SACK
http://citeseer.nj.nec.com/fall95comparisons.html

TCP Vegas: New Techniques for Congestion Detection and Avoidance
http://citeseer.nj.nec.com/brakmo94tcp.html

A Tree-based Packet Routing Table for Berkeley Unix
http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~sklower/routing.ps

Newer:

TCP Vegas Revisited
http://citeseer.nj.nec.com/hengartner00tcp.html

Analysis on TCP Vegas and TCP Reno
http://citeseer.nj.nec.com/hellal00analysis.html

Scalable Timers for Soft State Protocols
http://citeseer.nj.nec.com/48810.html

End-to-End Internet Packet Dynamics
http://citeseer.nj.nec.com/paxson97endtoend.html

End-to-End Routing Behavior in the Internet
http://citeseer.nj.nec.com/3573.html

Routing with a Clue
http://citeseer.nj.nec.com/afek99routing.html

IP Lookups using Multiway and Multicolumn Search
http://citeseer.nj.nec.com/lampson98ip.html

Fast and Scalable Layer Four Switching
http://citeseer.nj.nec.com/srinivasan98fast.html

High-Speed Policy-based Packet Forwarding Using Efficient
Multi-dimensional Range Matching
http://citeseer.nj.nec.com/lakshman98highspeed.html

Fast Address Lookups using Controlled Prefix Expansion
http://citeseer.nj.nec.com/srinivasan99fast.html

This is by no means exclusive and right now I cannot reach my DragonFly
installation due to issues with the nForce chipset, otherwise I could've
dug up more.  These are merely printed copies I had on hand.

PGP fingerprint: 2D92 980E 45FE 2C28 9DB7  9D88 97E6 839B 2EAC 625B
http://www.tendra.org/   | http://www.in-nomine.org/~asmodai/diary/
Long lost, to where no pathway goes...