linux emulation?

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Wed Oct 15 11:44:38 PDT 2003

:Hi, I just got dragonflybsd running, and I was wondering if linux emulation is
:supposed to work. Right now it's not working at all, I get this:
:
:chroot /compat/linux emerge sync
:/usr/bin/env: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: failed to map
:segment from shared object: Error 38
:
:I'm not sure what that means, but I am willing to help fix it if nobody else can
:and if someone can tell me where to start.
:
:Ken

    Yah, linux emulation is supposed to work.  There has been a lot of syscall
    separation work done in the linux emulation code recently, it is quite
    possible that a bug has been introduced.

    Linux emulation seems to work on my box.  That is linux-mozilla works.
    What is 'emerge'?  If we can reproduce it here we can fix it easily.

    Can you get the emulation to fail with anything in linuxbase ?

    Also, make sure your sources are completely up to date..

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>