slashpackage

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Sat Oct 11 11:36:12 PDT 2003

    We're not going to be implementing shell script based $PATH munging :-)

    Variant Symlinks are useful for lots of things, but using them to
    adjust individual libraries (of where there might be hundreds) might
    be too much of an abuse.  A VFS environment might be the better solution
    there.  Still, we are going to have variant symlinks in much sooner
    then VFS environments so it might be worth using them as a stopgap
    for the sort of library shell game we have to play to select the libraries
    to be used by any given installed port.  They are certainly powerful
    enough for development and testing purposes.