Worlds greatest kernel

Brian Reichert reichert at numachi.com
Thu Oct 9 19:55:10 PDT 2003

On Thu, Oct 09, 2003 at 07:13:49PM -0700, Kip Macy wrote:
> What do you mean by their scheme dovetailing into DBSD?

I meant 'dovetailing with', not 'into', oops.  Their webpage speaks
of porting the guest OS to utilize Xen:

<http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/Research/SRG/netos/xen/readmes/README>

  "This is achieved by requiring OSs to be specifically ported to run on
  Xen, rather than allowing unmodified OS images to be used."

I had assumed, perhaps incorrectly, that Xen was like VMWare, in
that it required a host OS to live on, and then one or more Xenified
guest OSes could run under Xen.

I haven't actually read their site to any depth, so I have no idea
who far off I might be...

--
Brian 'you Bastard' Reichert		<reichert at xxxxxxxxxxx>
37 Crystal Ave. #303			Daytime number: (603) 434-6842