splitting sendfile()

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Fri Oct 3 20:25:46 PDT 2003

:I'm curious whether I should split sendfile() at this time.  It isn't used
:in the linux emulator and it calls VOP_* functions.  Should I wait until
:work on the namecache and vfs has progressed a bit farther?
:
:If I split it now, it looks like kern_sendfile() will be prototyped as
:follows:
:
:kern_sendfile(struct vnode *vp, struct socket *so, off_t offset,
:	size_t nbytes, struct sf_hdtr *hdtr, off_t *sbytes, int flags);
:
:--
:   David P. Reese, Jr.                                     daver at xxxxxxxxxxxx
:                                               http://www.gomerbud.com/daver/

    It's up to you.  If you feel comfortable with the workload then go
    ahead.

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>