snapshots are broken

David Cuthbert dacut at kanga.org
Fri Oct 31 21:36:02 PST 2003

Galen Sampson wrote:
Define "BIOS disk".  I would like to be able to boot from a floppy to
install.  The machine I have running dragonfly doesn't support booting
from a CD at all....
How about making a (non-DF-specific) floppy which boots the rest of the
OS from a CD?

I've seen (and used) a few Linux installs where we did this (via LILO)
to boot from a secondary partition on a HD, when installing LILO to the
MBR was not permissible.  I don't know how different El Torito is from a
normal boot record, though.

Another option that I fancy is to use a Compact Flash card as a boot
drive.  I don't have much experience with this; but I did have a 386
happily booting FreeBSD without any HDs, only a CF card in IDE emulation
mode.