interface renaming

Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai asmodai at wxs.nl
Fri Oct 31 12:01:03 PST 2003

-On [20031031 20:32], Richard Coleman (richardcoleman at xxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
>There was a big commit to FreeBSD-current to do interface renaming to
>bring it in line with other *BSD.  Below is the commit message.  Is this
>change of interest for DFBSD?  If so, I could start work on it.

I haven't paid attention to many kernel lists, so I have to ask you,
what would this mean in the end?  That all ethernet interfaces, for
example, are named like Linux does: eth0, eth1, what now might be xl0
and fxp0?

PGP fingerprint: 2D92 980E 45FE 2C28 9DB7  9D88 97E6 839B 2EAC 625B
http://www.tendra.org/   | http://www.in-nomine.org/~asmodai/diary/
Concordia discors...